Sunday, February 20, 2011

Be Happy!







We all know we want to live happy stress free lives. Like most parents want there children to grow up to be great accomplished people with not a stress in the world. Most people don't want to do something that will cause them stress or make them unhappy. I know I don't. I rather play outside then clean up my room. But if all we do all of our lifes is try to be happy then we will end up being good for nothing miserable people. If we find that we are the biggest thing in our life's then we are very small. Instead we need to get a crusade or something bigger and better then ourself.
In Philippians Paul a servant of Jesus Christ is in prison or in a terrible condition. But he is still happy and content because he feels that his imprisionment has served to advance the gospel(Phil.1:12) because he has preached it to the entire imperial guard who have been outside his jail cell. Paul also says that even though he was in prison the gospel was still being preached but for the wrong motives because when Paul was preaching the gospel he gained a lot of attention and was looked up to. But Paul still rejoices because the gospel is being preached. Paul also knew that whether he was set free from prison or killed either way it would work out for him.(Phil.1:19)
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.Matthew 16:25

If we want to be truly signficant we have to let Jesus use us.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Julianna!!!

    I love the writing! You go girl! And you are so right.... what better thing can we hope for than for Jesus to use us. I am inspired and encouraged by your post today. It serves as a simple reminder of a very profound truth.
    Thank you so much for sharing my dear one. I shall talk to you soon.

    Love,
    Mama K

    ReplyDelete